FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy
RejestracjaRejestracja  Galeria AvatarówGaleria Avatarów  ZalogujZaloguj
 Ogłoszenie 
Forum archiwalne, nie można zakładać nowych kont.

Poprzedni temat :: Następny temat
Idź do strony 1, 2, 3  Następny
  Staying Alive
Wersja do druku
tilk Płeć:Mężczyzna

Grupy:
Alijenoty
PostWysłany: 30-08-2006, 23:18   Staying Alive

http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/identity.htm

Test stawia przed trzema trudnymi wyborami. Celem gry jest odpowiadać na pytania w taki sposób, aby zmaksymalizować swoje szanse przeżycia. W decyzjach należy się kierować tylko instynktem samozachowawczym i niczym innym, nie ma żadnych haczyków.

Moje wybory (maskuję, żeby nie spoilerować treści):
Cytat:
You chose:
Round 1: Take me to the teletransporter!
Round 2: I'll take the silicon!
Round 3: Freeze me!

Your choices are consistent with the theory known as psychological reductionism. On this view, all that is required for the continued existence of the self is psychological continuity. Your three choices show that this is what you see as central to your sense of self, not any attachment to a particular substance, be it your body, brain or soul. However, some would say that you have not survived at all, but fallen foul of a terrible error. In the teletransporter case, for example, was it really you that travelled to Mars or is it more correct to say that a clone or copy of you was made on Mars, while you were destroyed?
Przejdź na dół Zobacz profil autora
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Wyślij email Odwiedź stronę autora Odwiedź blog autora Odwiedź galerię autora Odwiedź listę obejrzanych anime / przeczytanych mang

Numer Gadu-Gadu
Sm00k
-Usunięty-
Gość
PostWysłany: 30-08-2006, 23:29   

Cytat:
You chose:
Round 1: It's the spaceship for me!
Round 2: Let the virus do its worst!
Round 3: Let my body die!

There are basically three kinds of things which could be required for the continued existence of your self. One is bodily continuity, which actually may require only parts of the body to stay in existence (e.g., the brain). Another is psychological continuity, which requires, for the continued existence of the self, the continuance of your consciousness, by which is meant your thoughts, ideas, memories, plans, beliefs and so on. And the third possibility is the continued existence of some kind of immaterial part of you, which might be called the soul. It may, of course, be the case that a combination of one or more types of these continuity is required for you to survive.

Your choices are consistent with the view that the continuity of the soul is essential for personal survival. Your first two choices showed a desire to keep your physical body alive. Yet your last choice showed a willingness to jettison this physical body in order to save your soul. So presumably, you only valued the continued existence of your body because you thought it housed the soul.

However, some would find your choices problematic. First, why does the soul seem to require an attachment to the body rather than to psychological continuity? After all, the body is ultimately dispensable. Second, the soul seems rather an empty self. It is a self that needs no thoughts, beliefs or memories to exist. It is rather a kind of immaterial home for thoughts, emotions, beliefs and so on. Do you really think the self is such a thing?

W sumie zgadzam się z wnioskami.

Ostatnio zmieniony przez tilk dnia 30-08-2006, 23:34, w całości zmieniany 1 raz
Powrót do góry
Serika Płeć:Kobieta

Grupy:
Tajna Loża Knujów
WIP
PostWysłany: 30-08-2006, 23:30   

Ciekawe...

Cytat:
You chose:

Here's the problem. There are basically three kinds of things which could be required for the continued existence of your self. One is bodily continuity, which actually may require only parts of the body to stay in existence (e.g., the brain). Another is psychological continuity, which requires, for the continued existence of the self, the continuance of your consciousness, by which is meant your thoughts, ideas, memories, plans, beliefs and so on. And the third possibility is the continued existence of some kind of immaterial part of you, which might be called the soul. It may, of course, be the case that a combination of one or more types of these continuity is required for you to survive.

Your first two choices were consistent with the view that psychological continuity is necessary for survival. In Round 1, you decided to have your body zapped and rebuilt from scratch, and in Round 2 you decided to have your brain replaced by synthetic parts. Both these choices give you psychological continuity. But your last choice sees the end to your psychological continuity, since the continued existence of the soul does not provide it. So you first ended bodily continuity and then you ended psychological continuity.

Perhaps you made these choices because all along you thought that the continuity of the soul is what counts? If so, there is still a puzzle. How could teletransportation or replacing your organic body with synthetic parts ensure that your soul continues to exist? After all, the teletransporter transmits information about body states. Why would the soul follow this information? Given the lack of reasons to suppose a soul would do this, you have been pronounced dead. (Although technically speaking you haven't so much died as lost track of where your soul has gone!) However, it is conceded that the autopsy is not absolutely conclusive!

Numer Gadu-Gadu
Bezimienny Płeć:Mężczyzna
Najmniejszy pomiot chaosu

PostWysłany: 30-08-2006, 23:31   

Cytat:
You chose:

However, although you have survived, you seem to have taken an unnecessary risk.

There are basically three kinds of things which could be required for the continued existence of your self. One is bodily continuity, which actually may require only parts of the body to stay in existence (e.g., the brain). Another is psychological continuity, which requires, for the continued existence of the self, the continuance of your consciousness, by which is meant your thoughts, ideas, memories, plans, beliefs and so on. And the third possibility is the continued existence of some kind of immaterial part of you, which might be called the soul. It may, of course, be the case that a combination of one or more types of these continuity is required for you to survive.

Your choices are consistent with the theory known as psychological reductionism. On this view, all that is required for the continued existence of the self is psychological continuity. Your three choices show that this is what you see as central to your sense of self, not any attachment to a particular substance, be it your body, brain or soul.

But there is a tension. In allowing your brain and body to be replaced by synthetic parts, you seemed to be accepting that psychological continuity is what matters, not bodily continuity. But if this is the case, why did you risk the space ship instead of taking the teletransporter? You ended up allowing your body to be replaced anyway, so why did you decide to risk everything on the spaceship instead of just giving up your original body there and then?

the renegades on wheels.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Powrót do góry Zobacz profil autora
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Miya-chan Płeć:Kobieta
Aoi Tabibito

Grupy:
Tajna Loża Knujów
WIP
PostWysłany: 30-08-2006, 23:45   

Hmm...

Cytat:
You chose:

However, although you have survived, at least one of your choices seems a little problematic.

Your choices are just about consistent with the view that the continuity of the soul is essential for personal survival. Your first choice showed a desire to keep your physical body alive. Your second choice, in contrast, showed a willingness to have your body replaced by synthetic parts to preserve your psychological continuity. Your last choice showed a willingness to jettison your physical body and end psychological continuity in order to save your soul.

There is something troubling about these choices. First, the tracking of the soul seems a bit erratic. In the first choice, it followed the physical body, but on the second it followed psychological continuity. So it seems there is no reliable way of deciding where the soul goes - does it follow the body or psychological continuity? Secondly, the soul seems rather an empty self. It is a self that needs no thoughts, beliefs or memories to exist. It is rather a kind of immaterial home for thoughts, emotions, beliefs and so on. Do you really think the self is such a thing?
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź blog autora Odwiedź galerię autora Odwiedź listę obejrzanych anime / przeczytanych mang
Abigail Płeć:Kobieta
Naleśnikara

PostWysłany: 30-08-2006, 23:58   

Krótko mówiąc, mam tak samo jak Tilk i Bezimienny. Niezłe to i prawdziwe.

Here's to the losers, bless them all!
Powrót do góry

Numer Gadu-Gadu
Keii Płeć:Mężczyzna
Hasemo

Grupy:
AntyWiP
PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 00:14   

Heh, /me ma to samo co Seri ;)

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Wyślij email Odwiedź listę obejrzanych anime / przeczytanych mang
IT. Płeć:Kobieta
Ukochana żona orka

Grupy:
AntyWiP
PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 00:16   

Prawda, Prawda, Prawda.

Cytat:
Staying Alive

Congratulations! According to one theory of personal identity, you have survived!

You chose:

Your choices are consistent with the theory known as psychological reductionism. On this view, all that is required for the continued existence of the self is psychological continuity. Your three choices show that this is what you see as central to your sense of self, not any attachment to a particular substance, be it your body, brain or soul. However, some would say that you have not survived at all, but fallen foul of a terrible error. In the teletransporter case, for example, was it really you that travelled to Mars or is it more correct to say that a clone or copy of you was made on Mars, while you were destroyed?

Te Im ilne ke aono

Jestem Wodą, płynącą Wodą
Przynoszę Życie, służę Śmierci wiernie.

Odrobinę władcza. To bardzo dobre słowo.
Powrót do góry
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Wyślij email

Numer Gadu-Gadu
Zegis Black Priest Płeć:Mężczyzna
Szary Wędrowiec

PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 00:28   

Cytat:
You chose:

Your choices are consistent with the view that the continuity of the soul is essential for personal survival. Your first two choices showed a desire to keep your physical body alive. Yet your last choice showed a willingness to jettison this physical body in order to save your soul. So presumably, you only valued the continued existence of your body because you thought it housed the soul.

However, some would find your choices problematic. First, why does the soul seem to require an attachment to the body rather than to psychological continuity? After all, the body is ultimately dispensable. Second, the soul seems rather an empty self. It is a self that needs no thoughts, beliefs or memories to exist. It is rather a kind of immaterial home for thoughts, emotions, beliefs and so on. Do you really think the self is such a thing?

"Do not fear in the face of your enemies, speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death, save helpless and do no wrong..."

Numer Gadu-Gadu
Eltanin Płeć:Mężczyzna
?????

Grupy:
WIP
PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 08:44   

Cytat:
You chose:
You chose:

Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Numer Gadu-Gadu
gadrael Płeć:Mężczyzna
Ukryty we mgle

PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 08:54   

Cytat:
Congratulations! According to one theory of personal identity, you have survived!

You chose:

Numer Gadu-Gadu
IKa Płeć:Kobieta

Grupy:
WIP
PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 10:15   

Cytat:

You chose:

Powrót do góry
wa-totem Płeć:Mężczyzna
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Grupy:
Fanklub Lacus Clyne
WIP
PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 11:24   

A ja mam to samo co Miyaczek ^^v

Cytat:
czyli Britney, poznaj Britney _^_

IMO problemy rodzi drugie pytanie - "much of your body replaced" zostawia za dużo niejasności, miejsca na manewr. Jeśli przyjmujemy że ciało - także ułomne lub niekompletne - jest naczyniem duszy, przy którym pozostanie tak długo jak pozostaje choćby jedna oryginalna komórka - oczywisty wydaje się mi wybór silikonu w tym pytaniu. Braki ciała można leczyć, nawet jeśli na dziś klonowanie terapeutyczne to bardziej teoria niż praktyka. Utratę pamięci czy zmiany charakteru raczej nie...

Numer Gadu-Gadu
Irian Płeć:Kobieta

Grupy:
WIP
PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 11:30   

To samo, co Serisia. Wot, niekonsekwentna jestem... >.> I czytać nie umiem... X__x'

Ostatnio zmieniony przez Irian dnia 31-08-2006, 15:18, w całości zmieniany 1 raz
Zegarmistrz Płeć:Mężczyzna

Grupy:
AntyWiP
PostWysłany: 31-08-2006, 11:58   

Cytat:
However, although you have survived, at least one of your choices seems a little problematic.

Your choices are just about consistent with the view that the continuity of the soul is essential for personal survival. Your first choice showed a desire to keep your physical body alive. Your second choice, in contrast, showed a willingness to have your body replaced by synthetic parts to preserve your psychological continuity. Your last choice showed a willingness to jettison your physical body and end psychological continuity in order to save your soul.

There is something troubling about these choices. First, the tracking of the soul seems a bit erratic. In the first choice, it followed the physical body, but on the second it followed psychological continuity. So it seems there is no reliable way of deciding where the soul goes - does it follow the body or psychological continuity? Secondly, the soul seems rather an empty self. It is a self that needs no thoughts, beliefs or memories to exist. It is rather a kind of immaterial home for thoughts, emotions, beliefs and so on. Do you really think the self is such a thing?

Numer Gadu-Gadu
Strona 1 z 3 Idź do strony 1, 2, 3  Następny
Odpowiedz do tematu